November 9, 2020
After closely monitoring COVID-19 updates from the Centers for Disease Control and state health authorities, we’ve made the proactive decision to reduce face-to-face contact and temporarily close our office lobbies starting Wednesday, November 11, until further notice.
- All Drive-Ups will remain open during regular business hours. Customers can continue to use the night drop boxes for deposits, loan payments, and other documents.
- If you need to see your banker in person, please call 507-454-8800 to schedule an appointment. This includes access to your safe deposit box.
- WNB offers many convenient services that allow you to access your accounts remotely rather than in person, including 24-hour ATMs, Telephone Banking, Internet Banking, and Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit If you’re not currently signed up for these services and would like to learn more, please click on the links above or call us at 507-454-8800.
Your health and safety remains our top priority, and we’re committed to meeting your banking needs through this unprecedented time. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 if you have any questions or concerns.
October 26, 2020
On Sunday, October 25, it was brought to the attention of the WNB Financial Leadership Team that an employee at our Wabasha Office (111 Main Street West, Wabasha) has tested positive for COVID-19. Because the health and safety of our customers, coworkers, and community is our top priority, we are temporarily closing our Wabasha Lobby, as well as the WNB Insurance Agency, until further notice. Our Wabasha Drive-Up and Walk-Up remain open during regular business hours.
As an additional measure of caution, our Leadership Team has also taken the steps of having the facility deep cleaned and sanitized while continuing to evaluate the situation.
We continue to offer Walk-Up banking at our Kellogg location. All of our other locations in Winona, Holmen, and Altoona are open. We also encourage the use of our Electronic Banking services.
Please call 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 if you have any questions or concerns. To reach WNB Insurance Agency, please call 651-565-2771.
September 16, 2020
Through the Southeastern Minnesota Multi-County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (SEMMCHRA), grant money is available for Winona and Wabasha County businesses and homeowners/renters that are facing economic hardship related to COVID-19. For more information on these programs and to see if you qualify, visit the SEMMCHRA website and click on COVID-19 Emergency Assistance.
August 3, 2020
Per Emergency Order #1 from Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, every individual, age five and older, in Wisconsin shall wear a face covering if the individual is indoors. In accordance with the order, face masks are now required to enter our lobbies in Altoona and Holmen, Wisconsin. If you're in need of a face mask, please request a disposable mask from a WNB employee.
July 27, 2020
Per Executive Order 20-81 from Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces. Therefore, face masks are now required to enter our Downtown Winona and Wabasha Offices. Disposable masks are available inside our buildings upon request. Our Winona West and Winona East locations continue to operate with Drive-Up banking only.
July 10, 2020
Face masks are now required to enter our Downtown Winona building. In accordance with Mayor Mark Peterson's proclamation (Winona City Code 23.06 and Minnesota Statute 12.29), "all individuals shall wear a face covering in indoor areas accessible to the public." If you're in need of a face mask, please request a disposable mask from a WNB employee.
May 26, 2020
The health and safety of our customers and employees remains foremost in our decision making during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety precautions in place, we have now opened the lobbies at our Altoona (1160 Blazing Star Blvd.) and Holmen (501 Empire Street, Suite 104) Offices in Wisconsin.
While our lobbies in Altoona, Holmen, Wabasha, and Downtown Winona are now open, we encourage the continued use of our Drive-Ups for your banking transactions. All Drive-Ups remain open during regular business hours.
May 20, 2020
After closely monitoring COVID-19 pandemic updates from the Centers for Disease Control and state health authorities, we’ve made the decision to postpone the following WNB summer events:
- May 20 – American Red Cross Blood Drive at our Winona Downtown Office
- May 21 – Community Shred Day at our Winona East Office
- June 19 – Summer Concert in the Park at the Winona Lake Park Bandshell
- June 25 – Lion’s Pride Movie Day at the Winona 7 Theatre
We continue to monitor the pandemic situation and will reassess future events and scheduling as we learn more.
May 19, 2020
At WNB Financial, we take the health and wellbeing of our customers, coworkers, and the entire community very seriously. As your financial partner, we want you to know we’re taking every step necessary to continue to provide the service you’ve come to know and trust.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we’ve now opened the lobbies at our Downtown Winona (204 Main Street, Winona) and Downtown Wabasha (111 Main Street West, Wabasha) Offices with the following safety precautions in place:
- We continue with enhanced cleaning and sanitizing efforts, including the frequent wiping down of high contact surfaces like doors, counters, and ATMs.
- Social distancing is required from both employees and customers. If you choose to enter our Winona or Wabasha lobbies, please respect our social distancing requirements of standing at least six feet apart.
- Sticker decals have been placed on the floor to indicate safe social distancing while waiting at the teller line.
- Plexi-glass protection shields have been installed at our teller stations.
- If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come in.
At this time, all other WNB office lobbies remain temporarily closed until further notice, but all Drive-Ups remain open during regular business hours. To minimize face-to-face contact, we recommend conducting your transaction through our Drive-Up rather than visiting the lobby. Customers can also use our Drive-Up night drop boxes at all offices for deposits, loan payments, and other documents.
May 14, 2020
If you have not yet received your Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check), you may visit the IRS Get My Payment website to check on the status. Fill out the application to get your payment status, see your payment type, and in certain cases provide your bank account information.
April 29, 2020
The health and safety of our coworkers and the communities we serve is foremost in our decision making, and for that reason, WNB Financial lobbies will continue to remain temporarily closed until further notice. Our team continues to monitor the situation and safely meet your banking needs in the following ways:
- All Drive-Ups remain open during regular business hours. Customers can also use the night drop boxes for deposits, loan payments, and other documents.
- WNB offers many convenient services that allow you to access your accounts remotely rather than in person, including 24-hour ATMs, Telephone Banking, Internet Banking, and Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit. If you’re not currently signed up for these services and would like to learn more, please click on the links above or call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392.
- If absolutely necessary, please call the numbers above to schedule an appointment for urgent business only. This includes access to your safe deposit box. We understand that emergency situations may arise, and we’ll discuss your situation to determine if an in-person appointment is necessary.
During this time of uncertainty, WNB Financial continues to be your trusted financial advisor. We’re opening new accounts, providing business loans, refinancing mortgages, and providing the financial advice you’ve come to know and trust. Your money is safe, secure, and insured. WNB offers insurance of funds through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which covers up to $250,000 per depositor for each account ownership category.
April 16, 2020
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Jovita Carranza issued the following statement regarding the Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program:
“The SBA has processed more than 14 years' worth of loans in less than 14 days. The Paycheck Protection Program is saving millions of jobs and helping America’s small businesses make it through this challenging time. The EIDL program is also providing much-needed relief to people and businesses.
“By law, the SBA will not be able to issue new loan approvals once the programs experience a lapse in appropriations.
“We urge Congress to appropriate additional funds for the Paycheck Protection Program — a critical and overwhelmingly bipartisan program — at which point we will once again be able to process loan applications, issue loan numbers, and protect millions more paychecks.
“The high demand we have seen underscores the need for hardworking Americans to have access to relief as soon as possible. We want every eligible small business to participate and get the resources they need.”
April 13, 2020
The Port Authority of Winona, with Opportunity Winona partners WNB Financial and Merchants Bank, has created an emergency loan fund to put cash in the hands of Winona’s small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Port Authority, WNB Financial, and Merchants Bank have each pledged $50,000 to create a $150,000 loan pool. For more information or to apply, visit www.portofwinona.com or call the Port Authority of Winona at 507-457-8250.
April 7, 2020
The Leadership Team at WNB Financial continues to meet regularly to review the evolving situation with COVID-19. For the health and safety of all, we’ve decided to extend our temporary lobby closures until Monday, May 4. Although we’ve reduced face-to-face contact, WNB remains open as an essential business to meet your banking needs.
It’s our social responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus. Our team at WNB continues to evaluate our internal practices to keep both employees and customers safe. In addition to social distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing, please know our employees may choose to wear face masks, at their discretion, while at work.
April 2, 2020
The Internal Revenue Service is urging taxpayers to be on the lookout for a surge of calls and e-mail phishing attempts about the Coronavirus, or COVID-19. These contacts can lead to tax-related fraud and identity theft. Please visit the IRS website to read the full warning.
April 1, 2020
Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program provides small businesses with funds to pay up to 8 weeks of payroll costs, including benefits. Funds can also be used to pay interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities. Please see the links below for details.
March 26, 2020
Tips About the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Source: Minnesota SBA Webinar 3/24/2020
*Elements of this program are subject to change.
- The program is administered solely by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and loan amounts are based on a case-by-case basis.
- SBA personnel believe the center is working off a 6-month timeline for the disaster. This could change depending on how prolonged the disaster is perceived to last. The disaster loan amount is partially based on an algorithm that takes into account expenses the business would’ve incurred over a 6-month time period had the disaster not occurred.
- Electronic application through the SBA website is preferred as the fastest method to get your application processed.
- Microsoft Edge is the preferred browser for electronic submission.
- Clear the cache on your Internet browser (Microsoft Edge or other) before you begin. If you’re unsure how to do this, a simple “how to” Internet search will help with a step-by-step process.
- Record your password. The SBA has no way to reset this at this time. If you lose your password, you have to start over.
- Be sure to select Economic Injury (EIDL) box on Form 5 (Application). If you fail to select this box, your application will be kicked out.
- An application can take up to 3 weeks to process. Complete tax returns are required for loans over $500,000.
- You can modify a previously filed loan request. You will need the loan number issued by the SBA.
- If approved for a loan, proceeds will be sent in installments. $25,000 to start, and if your loan is greater than $25,000, the next installment(s) are determined by the SBA loan officer.
- The loan is structured with a 12-month deferral period, so no payments are due for the first 12 months. Principal and interest payments start at the end of 12 months based on the term of the loan set by the SBA loan officer.
- See PowerPoint presentation for additional information.
March 26, 2020
In accordance with the recent executive orders from Governor Walz in Minnesota and Governor Evers in Wisconsin, our team at WNB Financial is doing its part to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. As an essential business, we will remain open, but we will extend our temporary lobby closures to the following dates:
- Minnesota offices: lobbies closed until Monday, April 13
- Wisconsin offices: lobbies closed until Monday, April 27
Through this time, our Drive-Ups remain open during regular business hours, and Electronic Banking services remain open 24/7.
March 25, 2020
The Wabasha Port Authority has announced its Emergency Loan Program as a response to the economic impact to the Wabasha/Kellogg businesses surrounding COVID-19. Although funding is limited, the goal of this program is to provide financial relief to as many businesses in the Wabasha/Kellogg area as possible. Visit the City of Wabasha website for more information.
March 24, 2020
Governor Evers in Wisconsin has issued orders that all non-essential businesses must close in order to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). With an office in Altoona, Wis., we want you to know that financial institutions like WNB Financial are considered essential business, and we remain open. Although our lobbies are temporarily closed, we continue to serve our customers through our Drive-Ups and Electronic Banking services.
Please be assured that your money is safe and fully insured. We offer insurance of funds through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which covers up to $250,000 per depositor for each account ownership category. The FDIC has posted a document to answer your Frequently Asked Questions in relation to the Coronavirus outbreak.
As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns by calling 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392.
March 23, 2020
We understand that our borrowers may face financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please know that we’re here for you, and we understand every situation is different. We encourage customers who may need assistance to reach out by calling us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 to discuss how we can help create a solution tailored to your specific situation.
March 23, 2020
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has announced that small businesses are now eligible for the SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program and can apply online.
Forms to Fill Out FIRST
Here's a list of documents you'll need to provide to complete the application:
It is HIGHLY recommend you complete your application online, do not mail them in. However, preparing these documents before you go to SBA.gov/disaster will streamline the process.
Loan Training for COVID-19 Related Economic Disruptions
Learn more about the SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan program. Webinars are at 9:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. on the following days:
- Tuesday, March 24
- Wednesday, March 25
- Thursday, March 26
- Friday, March 27
Register here. These trainings will cover program eligibility, use of proceeds, terms, filing requirements, and additional small business resources. After registering, you will receive the Skype webinar log in information.
The SBA will conduct these trainings twice a day until demand is met.
More Info on EIDL Loans
A couple of points to know about SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans:
- EIDL loans of up to $2M are now available for small businesses and private non-profits.
- Funds can pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
- The current interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses, non-profit rate is 2.75%.
- The terms can be extended up to 30 years to keep it affordable.
- These loans are only intended as working capital loans utilized to assist with impact caused by the Coronavirus emergency efforts.
- Loan applications will be evaluated by SBA loan officers. Criteria includes:
- Credit history acceptable to the SBA
- Repayment abilities
Eligibility - business must be headquartered in a declared state and suffered working capital losses due to the declared disaster (not a general downturn in business due to the economy or other reasons).
March 18, 2020
At WNB Financial, it’s our social responsibility to help protect the health and safety of our customers, our coworkers, and our community. After closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic updates from the Centers for Disease Control and state health authorities, we have made the proactive decision to reduce face-to-face contact and temporarily close our office lobbies March 20 – March 31. We’ll continue to monitor the pandemic situation and reassess our April 1 open date as we learn more.
All Drive-Ups will remain open during regular business hours. Customers can continue to use the night drop boxes for deposits, loan payments, and other documents.
WNB offers many convenient services that allow you to access your accounts remotely rather than in person, including 24-hour ATMs, Telephone Banking, Internet Banking, and Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit capabilities. If you’re not currently signed up for these services and would like to learn more, please click on the links above or call us at 507-454-8800.
If absolutely necessary, please call 507-454-8800 to schedule an appointment for urgent business only. This includes access to your safe deposit box. We understand that emergency situations may arise, and we’ll discuss your situation to determine if an in-person appointment is necessary.
This is an unprecedented situation, but please know that your funds are safe and insured by the FDIC. There is no reason to withdraw extra cash. We will continue to meet your banking needs and communicate with you, but don’t hesitate to call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 if you have any questions or concerns.
March 16, 2020
We continue to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and make real-time adjustments to our business. With the health and safety of our customers and employees at the forefront, our lobbies remain open but with amplified sanitation measures. We've also implemented a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for any employees who have recently traveled or plan to travel by air in the near future. While this may affect who you see in our offices, please know it will not affect your banking transaction. Please call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 with any questions or concerns.
March 13, 2020
The safety of our customers and employees is vastly important. Like a growing number of businesses, we’re
proactively monitoring reliable health sources regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. While at this time the virus has not seriously impacted the communities we serve, please be assured that we have a business continuity plan in place, it has been tested, and we’ve begun to implement the first steps of the pandemic component. Your banking needs will continue to be met during these uncertain times.
While we’ve taken measures to increase the cleaning and sanitizing of our offices, we understand that some of our customers may choose to limit public interactions until this health threat passes. WNB offers many convenient services that allow you to access your accounts remotely rather than in person, including ATMs
, Telephone Banking
, Internet Banking
, and Mobile Banking
with Remote Deposit
capabilities. If you’re not currently signed up for these services and would like to learn more, please click on the links above or call us at 507-454-8800.
The safety of our customers and employees is foremost in our decision making. We will continue to communicate with you, and please be assured that your banking needs will continue to be met. As always, don’t hesitate to call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392 if you have any questions or concerns.
March 11, 2020
The financial security of our customers is a top priority. We strive to protect your accounts at all times, and this commitment brings the responsibility to inform you of current cyber security scams and threats.
Cyber scammers are taking advantage of recent fears surrounding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). They may send e-mails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Please be cautious of these e-mails and be wary of any calls, texts, or social media communications you receive.
Please visit these reliable websites for tips on how to protect yourself:
To report fraudulent bank account activity or to speak with a WNB Financial representative, please call us at 507-454-8800 or toll free 800-546-4392.